0 Items  Total: $0.00

Abundance is a Choice

By Garrett Gunderson “Destiny is not a matter of chance; but a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” -William Jennings Bryan The abundance paradigm is living with a sure knowledge that there are unlimited resources — material and otherwise — that can be shared and enjoyed through love, … [Read more...]

Are Blind Spots Crippling You?

By Chris Brady There is a saying that I have always liked: "The difference between self-perception and reality is often enormous." The size of that difference is called a "blind spot." Unfortunately, we all have them. Perhaps the way you chew your food drives people crazy. Or maybe you interrupt others constantly and annoy them as a … [Read more...]

The New Man

By Oliver DeMille I wrote in an earlier review of several recent articles and books on “the end of men.” Such writings sparked a lot of discussion on the national scene, mostly among women. Men, it seems, aren’t paying much attention to such things. Where men do take exception to the predictions and statistics about man’s falling value to … [Read more...]

The Education Crossroads, Part 2: Types of Education

By Oliver DeMille Read Part 1 Here But I do not believe that either the modern or the Shakespearean mindsets will influence our future as much as that from and even earlier age — the era of Virgil. I am convinced that Virgil’s understanding of freedom eclipses both of these others. Virgil witnessed Rome losing many of its freedoms, and he … [Read more...]

The Education Crossroads, Part 1: New Tribes Versus Cliques

By Oliver DeMille Education today is at a crossroads, and the options are fascinating. Certainly the rise of the Internet has revolutionized most industries, and its impact on education is expected to be significant. But the change in technology isn’t the only major shift which is impacting schooling. The end of the Cold War ushered in a … [Read more...]

Lighten Up or Toughen Up

By Chris Brady There are two attitudes toward life that I think are paramount for leaders, especially in our modern, pampered times. They are: 1.) Lighten Up, or 2.) Toughen Up. There is nothing more off-putting than a person who takes him or her self too seriously. One of my favorite phrases is, "Take everything seriously except … [Read more...]

Seven Spheres of Influence

By Dave Wilson I read in a recent piece by David Brooks that, “Over the past seven months, the number of people who say government is doing too many things better left to business has jumped from 40 percent to 48 percent, according to a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.” My first reaction was, “Remember last year when ‘business’ ruined … [Read more...]

The Tyrant Next Door

What makes a community a great place to live? The answer will vary from person to person but most of us would agree on qualities like cleanliness, order and low crime. Notably missing from those terms we use to describe a livable community is the word “freedom." In fact, occasionally the concept of freedom is found to be somewhat at odds … [Read more...]

“On His Brow I See that Written Which is Doom”

One of the sharpest social critics of 19th century European industrial capitalism was...Charles Dickens. Those who have read Karl Marx’s writings see the world that he is attacking; those who have read Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, Bleak House, or A Christmas Carol will see that same world. However, we find the world described by … [Read more...]

Islam on Trial

A recent (ahem) debate on a forum I'm involved with started out as a discussion on the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque" -- a textbook example of Joseph Goebbel's "repeat a lie often enough" dictum -- but quickly deteriorated into what amounted to a trial of the Islamic faith. I claim no expertise on the subject of Islam, but I've encountered … [Read more...]